We encourage talented graduate students enrolled in U.S. universities to apply, including women and students from underrepresented populations in international STEM research.
Students selected for this International Research Experience must meet the following minimum requirements in order to qualify for this program.
Applicants are required to be:
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents;
- Enrolled in the second year or later of a computationally-focused STEM graduate program;
- Be proficient in at least one programming language.
Leadership Criteria: IRES intends to prepare U.S. students for international leadership in research. Students applying to the ASSURE site should be highly motivated, willing to learn and develop new research collaborations.
Inter-Cultural Criteria: Students applying to this site should be willing to broaden their:
- understanding of the host culture by participating in preparatory lessons and building relationships with international peers and researchers during the fellowship.
- intercultural skills by participating in sessions that challenge students to explore how their experiences shape their beliefs and values.